2 Tips to Avoid Surprise Wedding Fees
Planning a wedding comes with thousands of different options. Because of this, it is easy to overlook details that could end up racking up a huge bill later on. When it comes to selecting your DJ, knowing about the importance of insurance and hidden fees can really make a difference.
We all know about car and house insurance, but did you know that your DJ should have insurance too? Knowing if your selected DJ has coverage will tell you two things:
- They are Professional – Someone who is only working for a little extra pocket money probably won’t invest in an insurance policy, but someone who is who is DJing as their profession will.
- Guest and Venue Protection – Accidents happen, so if someone were to be hurt or if anything were to get damaged during your big day, it’s comforting to know your DJ has insurance to cover it.
Back in February, Encore posted advice from industry experts on things all newlyweds-to-be need to know. Within that post, many of the experts talked about possible hidden fees that venues, photographer, etc. may have. Here are a few possible hidden fees that you will want to ask your perspective entertainer about:
- Do you charge to meet before the big day in order to plan? (Expert tip: Make sure you are speaking to the actual DJ who will be hosting your event; not a sales person. This will help ensure everyone is on the same page)
- Will you bill me for songs requested throughout the night that you do not already have?
- I am wanting these songs edited to fit my entrance, will this cost extra?
- Do you charge for set-up and tear-down time?
- Do you have dance lights? Will the use of these lights cost extra?
Encore hopes these tips will help you choose the correct professional for your event. If you have any questions, contact one of our DJs today!